IUPAT DC38 is excited to invite you to Labour Day 2018 at the Fair at the PNE, brought to you in partnership with the Vancouver District Labour Council, BC Federation of Labour, New Westminster District Labour Council, and other sponsoring unions.
DC38 has secured a limited block of wristbands for members and their families to gain entry to the PNE, free of Charge, on Monday, September 3rd.
To get free entry, you must:
1. Register with us
2. Pick up your wristband between 9 and 10am on event day.
All wristbands must be picked up before the rally on event day.
Click here to register for a wristband. Note: children aged 13 years and under get in free and do not require a wristband.
Get your Wristband
Arrive at the Pacific Coliseum (map) between 9:00 and 10:00am on Monday, September 3rd, to get your wristband.
Free wristbands will not be given out after 10:00am. If you are unable to pick up the wristband during the allotted time you will need to purchase admission from the gate at full price ($18).
• If you are not able register for a free wristband or pick one up between 9 and 10am on the day of the event, you can purchase discounted admission (details below).
• The wristband gets you free entry to the Fair, but does not include rides. See below for details on discounted ride passes.
Come kick the day off, from 10am to 11am, with a Union Labour Rally inside the Pacific Coliseum. Speakers will include labour leaders and local politicians. The Coliseum will only be open to members and guests of the sponsoring Unions.
There will be entertainment for children, and a chance to get to know your fellow union Brothers and Sisters from across the province.
At 11am the front doors of the coliseum will open to the fair grounds for us to enjoy the rest of the day at the PNE.
Private Picnic Area
In addition to the Rally at the Coliseum, and free admission to the PNE, members with wristbands will get access to a private picnic area that’s been set aside just for us.
The Fair at the PNE
SuperDogs, ToonCity, Horse Jumping, Mini Doughnuts, Rides, The Market Place, Cyndi Lauper, and so much more. Click here to view the daily schedule.
Wristbands will be required to gain access to the rally, PNE, private picnic area, and community-partner booth zone.
If you don’t think you can make it to the rally, but still want to attend the Fair on Labour Day, you can purchase discounted Admission passes (Save $6).
Discounted Ride Passes
Discounted ride passes are available to DC38 members and their guests.
Regular ride passes have been discounted to $39.75 (Save $7.00), and junior ride passes has been discounted to $29.75 (Save $6.00).
Discounted admission and ride passes are valid on Monday, September 3rd only and can be purchased by clicking here.
Date: Monday, September 3rd
Location: Pacific Coliseum (at the PNE), 100 North Renfrew Street (map)
Wristband Pickup: Between 9 and 10am
Labour Day Rally: Between 10 and 11am
Park Opens: 11am
As a reminder:
• You must arrive before the Rally to get your free wristband; if you are not on time, you will need to purchase admission at a Fair gate.
• The wristband gets you free entry to the Fair, but does not include rides. Discounted ride passes are available: a regular ride pass has been discounted to $39.75 (Save $7.00), and a junior ride pass has been discounted to $29.75 (Save $6.00)
• Taking transit or cycling to the event is encouraged; parking at the PNE is $20 for the day