Welcome to DC38!
Also known as the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades, District Council 38, “DC38”, represents Painters, Wall & Ceiling Installers, Drywall Finishers, Glaziers, Hazardous Materials Abatement Specialists, and many other related trades.
Whether you have enjoyed a soccer game at BC Place, checked out a bestseller from the Surrey Public Library in Central City, driven over the many bridges in our Province, or stayed in many of the hotels in Downtown Vancouver, the work of our members can be experienced all throughout British Columbia.
Why Join Us?
DC38’s most important job is to ensure fair wages, respectful treatment, and safety for our working members. By negotiating with employers on behalf of our members, DC38 is able to offer competitive wage packages, health benefits (coverage for prescription medication, dental benefits, vision care, etc.), pension benefits, and free training and upgrading to our membership through our training school, The Finishing Trades Institute of BC.
- Mentorship Matters: Experienced Journeypersons Essential to On-the-Job Apprentice Training
- OFFICE CLOSURE FOR MARCH 17, 2020
- FTI BC AND IUPAT DC 38 CHAMPIONING CHANGE IN WORKPLACE CULTURE WITH BE MORE THAN A BYSTANDER TRAINING
- STATEMENT FROM BC BUILDING TRADES
- FTI BC featured in JOY TV’s Fraser Focus Trades Expo 2019 Video