Looking For Work?
DC38 is currently recruiting Glaziers and Hazmat Workers. Click here for more info.
COVID-19 DC38 UPDATES
Our Office has reopened to the public with physical-distancing and enhanced hygiene guidelines in place. Click here for more information about how COVID-19 relates to DC38 members.
Community Benefits Agreements Are Good For British Columbians
Community Benefits Agreements ensure workers are paid fairly and that qualified local residents, Indigenous workers, women in trades and apprentices have opportunities to help build and invest in their own communities. Click here to find out more.
Welcome to DC38
Also known as the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades, District Council 38, “DC38”, represents Painters, Wall & Ceiling Installers, Drywall Finishers, Glaziers, Hazardous Materials Abatement Specialists, and many other related trades.
Whether you have enjoyed a soccer game at BC Place, checked out a bestseller from the Surrey Public Library in Central City, driven over the many bridges in our Province, or stayed in many of the hotels in Downtown Vancouver, the work of our members can be experienced all throughout British Columbia. Learn More
Why Join Us?
DC38’s most important job is to ensure fair wages, respectful treatment, and safety for our working members. By negotiating with employers on behalf of our members, DC38 is able to offer competitive wage packages, health benefits (coverage for prescription medication, dental benefits, vision care, etc.), pension benefits, and free training and upgrading to our membership through our training school, The Finishing Trades Institute of BC.
- A MESSAGE FROM CANADA’S BUILDING TRADES UNION IN SUPPORT OF BILL C-275
- FTI BC TRAINING DURING THE PANDEMIC FEATURED IN GLASS CANADA MAGAZINE
- DREXEL DOCUMENTARY FOCUSES ON EDUCATING STUDENTS ON THE INFLUENCE OF CONSTRUCTION ON THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND HOW THE WORK WE DO SHAPES COMMUNITIES
- Update on Budget 2021, COVID-19 Supports, Elections & Cancellations from Canada’s Building Trades Unions (CBTU)
- Mental Health & Addictions Assistance through DC38